I was recently listening to a podcast when the owner of a successful biz said that she stopped doing her podcast because it took a lot of work. She didn’t feel the urge to continue, and no one was pushing her to do so. It got me thinking…
If you are the alpha dog, who do you need to answer to? You don’t have a boss, although you probably have clients or customers. But there is no one truly setting the bar, except for you. Are you letting the bar slip?
Here are a few things that may keep you from being the most productive and profitable business owner you can be:
- You’ve lost your sense of urgency or momentum. If your business is in the black, and you have been achieving your goals (yay you!), it’s easy to become complacent. The sense of urgency you once knew is no longer there and may dilute your “get it done” attitude. Not a good thing to lose!
- Confusion, or “dithering” as my mother used to say. Spending lots of time doing not much. This is what happens to me when I have too much on my plate. I hop from one project to the other, not getting anywhere but frustrated and tired. This is a complete waste of time and I know it even when I’m in it!
- Procrastination. A close cousin to dithering. There are important projects or tasks that have been on your to-do list that keep getting moved to the next day or week, or just (intentionally) forgotten about.
- Flagging motivation. There are mornings for all of us when getting out of bed is a debate – Why bother? Are you stuck and unmotivated?
- Loneliness at the top. This can be an unexpected problem, especially for entrepreneurs with a big team or those who work from home. Have you started to feel isolated with your work?
Solution: Weekly Accountability Group
Join me and a small group weekly to declare your goals, and brainstorm why you are or are not meeting them. As a team, we will help each other get there!
The group meets Fridays at noon Pacific time for one hour. We will discuss whether we did not didn’t achieve last week’s goals, what our goals are for the next week, and what the challenges and celebrations were for the past week.
The investment is $100 per month. The first session is free, so you can get a sense of whether or not this is for you.